To ensure you have a safe and fun day on the slopes, remember these tips to protect you from the sun and its radiation.
- Wear pants, long sleeves, and gloves even on warm days.
- Put on a hat or helmet that covers your ears.
- Wear 100% UV protection goggles or sunglasses.
- Apply generous amounts of SPF 30+ sunscreen on exposed skin every two hours.
- It’s not the heat of the sun that causes skin damage but radiation from the sun.
What to look for in sunblock:
- SPF 30 or higher
- Broad Spectrum
- Zinc Oxide, titanium dioxide or both